E- Mail: email@example.com
For The Week of March 29th, 2015
Ministers: Rev. Ross Smillie and Pastor Marco Ste-Marie
Office hours are Tues. Wed. & Fri from 9 a.m. till Noon
Welcome: A warm welcome is extended to all who worship with us this morning. Following the service, join us for coffee and fellowship in the auditorium. Thanks to the Sunday School classes.
Thank you to all the people who made donations in Memory of Bruce Wilson. Your kindness and thoughtfulness is appreciated. Mary Lou Wilson
Total income from the Pancake Supper was $1,479.00
Total Groceries was $617.03
Total for Camp Kasota was $861.97
Edmonton Christian Male Choir in concert Saturday, April 11 7 p.m. at Woody Nook CRC in Blackfalds (www.wncrc.ca). ECMC presents "Jesu, Joy Desiring" an evening of song, praising our Saviour. Tickets are $15 and available at the door. Special guests: the Mighty Power Singers. A second performance is April 25, at Covenant CRC in Edmonton.
Keeping in Touch: Towards the end of the month, our Keeping in Touch callers will be reaching out to the congregation with updates and information regarding our St. Andrew's community. This is also an opportunity for you to let us know if you have some concerns which you would like to have dealt with, whether they be personal concerns or ones the larger church should be aware of. We look forward to touching base with you.
Next Men's Breakfast: on April 15th, 2015 @ 7:00 AM. at the church, and the breakfast will be hosted by Clark Jantzie and Tom Crozier. All men are welcome.
Kasota East Camp is doing a spring fundraiser through Ever-Green Nurseries from Red Deer. We will be offering hanging pots of flowers for $25 and planters of flowers for $35. Orders need to be in by April 24. Delivery will be May 13 and pots may be picked up between 10:00 and 4:00 pm. There will be extra inventory available for folks to purchase that day.
The flowers are beautiful. I will post the ad and some pictures in the gym. Folks can see me: Madeline 403-789-4323 to place their orders.
THE GREAT PLAINS: "plain folk making great music" Darrel & Saskia will be presenting a concert Sunday, March 29, at 3 pm in Bashaw United Church. Tickets are $15 each available at Bashaw Neighbourhood Place and at the church. For more info call 403 372-3891 or look for Bashaw-Mirror Pastoral Charge on Facebook. Fabulous Canadian music with country, celtic, bluegrass and gospel flavours. Darrel & Saskia are a popular act familiar to many both from their solo concerts and touring with Gary Fjellgaard and Valdy.
Holy Week/Easter Services
- Maundy Thursday (April 2) - Gather between 5:30 and 6pm for a potluck meal and commemoration of Jesus last supper. The service will begin promptly at 6pm and incorporate the meal and a ritual enactment of Jesus washing the disciples feet. Participation is optional but pantyhose are not recommended!
- Good Friday (April 3) - The Senior Choir will lead the music for this commemoration of Jesus' crucifixion and death.
- Easter Breakfast (April 5) - Bring your favorite breakfast and Easter foods for a potluck breakfast at 9am.
- Easter Sunday (April 5) - A joyful celebration of the good news that God triumphs over cruelty and violence with life and hope.
- Holy Humour Sunday (April 12) - The joy of Easter continues as we celebrate the joke that God played on the powers of evil in the resurrection of Jesus.
"Ongoing Programs and Opportunities at St. Andrew's"
There is a nursery downstairs for the use of anyone who wishes to use it
Hard of Hearing? FM Headphones and Neckloops (devices that will boost hearing aids) are available from the A/V desk at the back of the church.
Healing Touch 1st and 3rd Monday rotations. For appointments or information, please contact Irene Aasen (403-782-4314) or Pat Crozier (403-782-7243)
Volunteer Link: Our V-Link coordinators: Madeline Hendrickson (403-789-4323) and Winnie Chesney-Settle (403-348-9777).
Congregational Life Committee wwould like to know of any 90th or 95th birthdays or any 50th or 60th wedding anniversaries. Thank you! Janet Tack, Isabelle Haefliger.
Prayer Line: We have a Prayer Ministry at St. Andrew's United Church called the Prayer Line. All information is treated as confidential. We welcome anyone to contact us if you have a prayer request. You can contact the coordinator, Madeline Hendrickson at 403-789-4323.
Prayer Shawl Ministry: October 13 and 27(2nd and 4th Mondays) in the parlour 1:30-2:30 p.m. Contact Janet Tack (782-3802) or Doris Thesenvitz (782-7063)
Enjoy singing? Our adult choir always welcomes new members. Practices are on Wednesdays at 7:15pm in the choir loft.
Children's Choir (St. Andy's Kiddy Choir) weekly practice on Thursdays at 5:30 p.m. and monthly performances for youth in Grades 2-12 that love to sing. For more information contact Jessica Mickelson at 403-352-5489 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please leave the area directly in front of the church on the northside of the street for congregants who have difficulty with mobility.
- Please do not park by the elevator entrance to the church as this is a Loading Zone for handicapped people.
- Please make sure that you do not park in front of the driveway to the east of the church.